Roles & Privileges
Modified on: Sun, 12 Aug, 2018 at 6:33 PM
|NOTE! Visibility of 'Modules' and 'Items' are controlled within the 'Security' module.|
It's important you remember to setup 'Roles & Privileges'. Most of the basic security roles have already been configured for you, to save you time. If you haven't already done so, we strongly recommend you set your system roles and privileges and complete the following configuration tasks.
- Company details
- System Colour's and Logo
- System Settings
- Employee Defaults
- Employee Validation Fields
- Bradford Factor Settings
- Locations, Branches, Groups, Job Titles, Religions
- Email Domains
- Set Working Hours
- Notice Periods
- Blood Groups
- Job Agencies
Core Menu Module
- Dashboard Configuration
- Bulletin List
|Roles & Privileges|
- Select the Module 'Security' at the top of the screen
- Select the item 'Roles & Privileges' from the left menu
- Edit the label of the security role (Optional)
4. Point (4) shows three common security roles for employees. Although these are the primary roles, you can still apply additional privileges to any user... Maybe you want to give them access to approve leave or access to the time sheet.
5. "The magic all happens here!" Select the 'Padlock' icon to bring up the current set of security privileges. The example below shows a Parent, and Child-like tree structure.
6. Selecting the Parent (Employee) will expand the access rights, showing a Child tree of the available options. Check or un-check what rights this role should have.
7. You can add your own set of custom rules by selecting 'Add Role'.
PLEASE NOTE! In the above example, any user that already has the role 'Employee' will be instantly updated with the changes you make.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.